The transport information below is subject to change for 2021. Stay tuned for new info coming soon.
Free Event Shuttle Buses
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday there will be a free shuttle bus service to take runners, support crews and spectators between Katoomba town centre and Scenic World / KCC.
On Saturday there will also be a free shuttle bus service to take runners, support crews and spectators between the town of Leura and Scenic World from 5am Saturday.
NOTE: If you are starting in one of the first three start groups in UTA100 or UTA50, it is recommended that you be ready to catch one of these early buses so as not to miss your start time.
We suggest using these buses as the easiest way to access the event venue.
Refer to the bus timings and operating bus stops in the bus maps below. The buses will be on a continuous loop during their operating times.
- It is a 10-minute ride from The Carrington Hotel to KCC / Scenic World.
- It is an 18-minute ride from Fairmont Resort to Scenic World.
SATURDAY ACCESS TO SCENIC WORLD
Purchase the Saturday parking pass and walk (1.2km) to KCC Oval.
- Walk to an event bus stop and catch the free event shuttle bus.
- Get dropped off near either The Carrington Hotel bus stop or the Palais Royale bus stop on Katoomba St and catch the free event shuttle bus. You must not get dropped off in the vicinity of the Three Sisters Motel bus stop as that will cause blockages for the Event buses.
- If staying outside Katoomba or Leura, park at Blue Mountains City Council chambers carpark, Katoomba train station commuter carpark or around nearby suitable streets such as Station St, Lurline St and Parke St and then walk to a nearby Event bus stop on Katoomba St and catch the free Event shuttle bus. Parking availability will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Walk to Scenic World from nearby accommodation or via footpaths along Katoomba St and Birdwood Road to Scenic Skyway Eastern station. Continue to walk via Prince Henry Cliff Walk to Katoomba Cascades park and on to Scenic World via Cliff Drive.
ACCESS TO EVENT HUB AT KCC
- On Saturday morning, there is a runner drop off zone in Katoomba St at the front of the 3 Sisters Motel. From here people can walk along the footpath beside Birdwood Ave.
Walk to Scenic World from nearby accommodation or via footpaths along Katoomba St and Birdwood Road. Continue to walk via Prince Henry Cliff Walk to Katoomba Cascades park and on to Scenic World via Cliff Drive.
PARKING AT THE KATOOMBA GOLF COURSE
Access into Parking: Via Stuarts Road
Distance to venue: 1km walk to Scenic World. You will need to walk from this parking on Thursday and Friday, as well as Saturday morning. Saturday from 2:00pm until Sunday 8:00am there will be a free return shuttle bus for runners returning to the Katoomba Golf Course Parking. See details below.
A limited number of parking passes are available for pre-purchase until sold out.
Please note: there will be no re-entry after exiting.
There are three different pre-purchased parking passes available:
|Thursday - All Day||7:00am - 7:00pm||$15||For UTA11 and UTA22 runners and spectators, Event Expo, Race Check In|
|Friday - All Day||4:00am - 7:00pm||$15||For UTA22, UTA50 and UTA100 runners and spectators, Event Expo, Race Check In|
|Saturday - All Day||Opens at 5:00am||$20||For UTA50 and UTA100 runners and spectators|
Prices are inclusive of all fees and taxes.
POST RACE SHUTTLE
- Stuarts Rd Shuttle (Post-race 50/100 only):
- When - Saturday 2:00pm to Sunday 8:00am
- How often - as required
Where - From Scenic World to Katoomba Golf Course Parking.
PARKING AT KCC OVAL
From 12:00pm on Saturday 15 May through to Sunday 16 May there will be free additional parking available at KCC Oval. Please access KCC Oval parking via Cliff Drive and follow the directions of the car parking marshals upon entry.
Parking at KCC Oval will be first in best dressed - no bookings required.
For Saturday morning, refer to Road Closures' page. For all other times parking will not be permitted at any time on the streets surrounding KCC and Scenic World (no parking on Violet St, Oak St, Kamillaroi Rd, Acacia St, Cedar St, Fern St, Cliff Drive, Ficus St, Peckmans Rd or Neale St). We ask all runners and supporters to obey all marshals and 'No Parking' signs. Also take note of NSW General Parking Rules if parking on any other streets. Local traffic police will be doing checks and issuing fines for any illegal parking.