RACE DATE: May 13-16 2021
DISTANCES: 100km, 50km, 22km, 11km, Scenic World 951
• UTA11 - Thursday 11:00am
• UTA22 - Friday 6:20am
• UTA50 - Saturday 6:35am
• UTA100 - Saturday 6:20am
EVENT HUB: Scenic World, Katoomba NSW. View event hub map
ATHLETE CHECK-IN: View check-in locations and times in the event schedule.
You will need to provide photo ID (preferably a drivers licence or passport) and your mandatory gear/pre-inspection certificate to be issued with your race pack.
EVENT MOBILE APP: Everything UTA at your fingertips find out more
Entry Fees Include
- Race entry
- Epic trails and good times
- Race number with timing chip
- Drop bag service
- Event mobile app
- On-course medical support
- Breathtaking scenery
- Checkpoints/water points
- Finisher medal
- UTA Belt buckle for the chosen few!
- Athlete t-shirt (UTA100, UTA50)
- Finisher gift (UTA100, UTA50, UTA22)
- Awards and prizes (if you're fast enough)
- Finisher certificate
- Friends... lots of new friends
- On-course photography (purchased at registration or post-event)
- A life-changing experience
|11am AEDT, Thursday 3 December 2020||Limited entries open|
|5pm, 7 January 2021||75% refundable entry ends|
|5pm, 18 February 2021||50% refundable entry ends|
|5pm, 1 April 2021||25% refundable entry ends|
|5pm, 12 March 2021||Early entry transfers close|
|11:59pm, Sunday 14 March 2021||Name t-shirt cut-off|
|11:59pm, Sunday 11 April 2021||Personalised bib cut-off|
|5pm, 29 April 2021||Standard entry transfers close|
|5pm, 12 May 2021||Late entry transfers close|
|7pm the day before your race||Last time to make changes to personal details online|
If you cannot participate in the event for any reason, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates only. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete.
Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELIGIBLE ATHLETE WITHDRAWAL REFUNDS
Where eligible, please allow up to 30 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired it is the athlete’s responsibility to notify our customer service team when requesting the eligible refund.
- 7 January 2021, 5pm — 75% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to this date.
- 18 February 2021, 5pm — 50% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to this date.
- 1 April 2021, 5pm — 25% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to this date. No refunds after this date.
The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will be refunded in addition to the entry fee: Sportograf Photo Packages. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Organiser to a third party service provider such as medal engraving and Squadrun Training Packages, are not refundable.
The Athlete Withdrawal Program is not available to athletes who have transferred or deferred into this event or entered the event through the use of an Event Credit.
Transfer Your Entry to a Different Distance
Transfers between race distances can be requested up until such time as that event distance is sold out, subject to the following terms:
- To request a transfer from one event distance to another, you must email the customer service team at email@example.com on or before Friday 12 March 2021, 5pm.
- Where you request to transfer to a greater distance and space is available, you are required to pay the difference in entry fees between the two distances.
- Where you request to transfer to a shorter distance and space is available, the difference in entry fees will not be refunded.
You will be required to sign the Athlete Waiver online when you register for any of the Ultra-Trail Australia events. This basically is to ensure that you take full responsibility for entering the event and your training and conditioning in order to attempt the event, amongst other legal rights and obligations. This is a very important document. Please take time to read it.
Transfer Your Entry to Someone Else
Early entry transfers between 10 December 2020, 5pm - 12 March 2021, 5pm
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else up to 5pm Friday 12 March 2021. You need to find the person yourself to transfer your entry to. You need to sort out payment between yourself and the person taking your entry. The person who is taking your entry will also need to pay a $35 transfer fee online to complete their new entry.
Standard entry transfers between 12 March 2021, 5pm - 29 April 2021, 5pm
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else between 5pm Friday 12 March 2021 and 5pm Thursday 29 April 2021. You need to find the person yourself to transfer your entry to. You need to sort out payment between yourself and the person taking your entry. The person who is taking your entry will also need to pay a transfer fee online to complete their new entry.
UTA100/50 transfer fee=$65.00
UTA22/11 transfer fee=$45.00
Late entry transfers between 29 April 2021, 5pm - 12 May 2021, 5pm
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else between 5pm Thursday 29th April 2021 and 5pm Wednesday 12th May 2021. You need to find the person yourself to transfer your entry to. You need to sort out payment between yourself and the person taking your entry. The person who is taking your entry will also need to pay a transfer fee online to complete their new entry.
UTA100/50 transfer fee = $120.00
UTA22/11 transfer fee = $60.00
Runners performing a late entry transfer will receive a non-personalised race number.
No entry transfers are permitted after Wednesday 12 May, 5pm.
Start Group Info for Transfers
Runners receiving any type of entry transfer as listed below will be seeded into a start group based upon their start group request and the start group seeding information they provide within their entry form at the time they enter. Their approved start group is not dependent upon the original runner’s start group request or approved start group however it is very important to read the information regarding start groups as it will assist in how to provide suitable start groups seeding information and how to make a suitable start group request.
POLICIES RELATING TO COVID-19
What if the event does not take place on 13-16 May 2021, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Where possible, the event will be rescheduled, and if this happens all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) automatically moved to the new event date. We will provide as much notice as we can.
If for reasons beyond the Event Organisers control the event does not take place at all (including reasons relating to COVID-19), all registered athletes will have their race registrations (and any additional purchases) automatically moved to the same event in 2022 (or, if the event is not confirmed to take place in 2022, athletes will be provided with an Event Credit to the value of their entry fee which can be used on any of the Event Organisers portfolio of events in the country of purchase for three years from issue).
In the circumstances set out above, there will be no refund of the athlete’s entry fee (or any portion of) or any other costs incurred in connection with the event.
What if I can’t make the date I have automatically been moved to?
Athletes will be given a limited opportunity to alternatively take an Event Credit to the value of their entry (including additional purchases). This Event Credit can be used on any of the Event Organiser’s portfolio of events in the country of purchase.
How the waitlist operates
Ultra-Trail Australia has runner entry limits. When a runner withdraws from the race and requests the available refund through race management, their entry is cancelled and a position in the race may become available. The next person on the waitlist will get offered this available position by race management. Race management will send an email to the runner to explain how to create their entry within EventPlus. The race entry fee will be discounted by the waitlist joining fee of $25.
- The waitlist fee will be deducted from your payable entry fee if you are offered an entry by race management via the waitlist
- The waitlist fee will be refunded if you are not offered an entry by race management by 12 March 2021. Please allow up to 30 days for processing of the refund. If your card is no longer valid please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The waitlist fee $25 will be refunded if you are offered an entry by race management but do not accept and pay for that entry offered via the waitlist.
- The waitlist fee $25 will not be refunded if you accept an entry via an entry transfer instead of waiting for a waitlist offer